Monday, October 28, 2013

Lexicon Update and Research Update

Greetings,

In my last post I posted a link to my newly created lexicon for the 1590s, well I have had another look through this document and made some changes, some subtle, some not so subtle. As a result there is a new version available for your interest. This newer version is available here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32538238/Lexicon%20V2.pdf This document is free to use as reference material, however it would be appreciated if due credit was given where it is due for the origination of this document as there is several years invested in it.

I have been in the process of discovering rules about the spelling of the language and how the words were used. I do realise that much of this research has already been completed for Early Modern English and also Elizabethan English, however I decided that I needed such research done for the particular time and dialect which is the focus of the study. The result of this will be some elements which are very much the same as what has already been posted here, and there will also no doubt be some areas in which there are elements which are unique to the time and dialect which has been chosen. I will probably post this new research in blocks in order to keep up to date here, however this is a consideration dependent on how the research proceeds.

This a short post merely for updating how things are proceeding in the research. I am hoping to present something more substantial soon. I dare not place a time estimate on this due to the nature of the research being conducted. I hope that the next update will be sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment