Monday, December 2, 2013

Progress Report - 2 December 2013

Greetings,

I thought I would give a short, and rather un-detailed progress report for my slow and steady "translation" of my fencing manual from Present Day English to Elizabethan English.

For the first version, and I expect that there will be a couple before I am happy, the introductory parts are done:

Title Page
Epistle Dedicatory
Author's Epistle to Various Noblemen
Author's Epistle to the Gentle Reader

Book One:
Theory:
    Principles
    Time
    Distance
    Lines
    Engagement
    Practice
Practical:
    Of Wards
    Footwork
    Defense:
         Void
         Parry
         Combination

I am in the process of doing the Attack part of this section at the moment. I will give further updates as I progress for all those who are interested. I am actually of two minds as to whether or not I will present some of the work for a "taste" here, but as I am dedicating this to a particular individual I would think that it would be better for me to ask this individual first as to whether this would be "politic" or whether I should wait until the final product is complete before making any of the actual manual public. I will have a think about this and see what happens.

Cheers,

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment