Sunday, December 15, 2013

Progress Report - 15 December 2013

Greetings,

This is another production progress report for the translation of the Present Day English fencing treatise into Elizabethan English. I have merely added to the previous update rather than just doing what I have done recently this way it has a little bit of context. I am getting closer and closer to finishing Book One, once this is finished I will be shortening the progress report.

Title Page
Epistle Dedicatory
Author's Epistle to Various Noblemen
Author's Epistle to the Gentle Reader
Book One:
Theory:
    Principles
    Time
    Distance
    Lines
    Engagement
    Practice
Practical:
    Of Wards
    Footwork
    Defense:
         Void
         Parry
         Combination
    Attack:
         Thrust
         Cut
         The Attack
    Blade Engagement
    Time:
          In Time
          Priority
          Double
          Single Time
          Counter Time
          Half-Time
     Closes and Gripes
     Reading the Opponent
     Application - Wounds

I am currently working on the Sundry Notes which is the final part of Book One. It has only three elements in it so I expect that I should be getting close to finishing Book One reasonably soon. Once I have completed this the updates will only include what I have done from Book Two rather than the entire lot. Once it is all completed, then there will be an update with the lot for Version 1.

Cheers,

Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment